In addition to exciting technical symposia, tutorials, industry forums and exhibitions, IEEE ICC 2022 will feature a series of half and full-day workshops. The ICC 2022 workshops will highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in communications and networking, and will include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
We invite the submission of workshop proposals. The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics not specifically covered in the main symposia. Workshops should highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in communications and networking, and should include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL FORMAT
EACH WORKSHOP PROPOSAL (MAXIMUM 5 PAGES) MUST INCLUDE (PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING ORDER IN YOUR PROPOSAL):
- Title of the workshop
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation, and contact information)
- Scope and topics of the workshop (max 1 page)
- Rationale (max 1 page)
- Why is the topic current and important?
- Why will the workshop attract a significant number of submissions of good quality?
- Why will the workshop attract a large number of attendees, in addition to the authors?
- How does the workshop differ from others, i.e., related workshops and conferences of similar topic?
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words per organizer)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Preferred day of workshop
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels
(Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged)
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- Workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- A description of past versions of the workshop (if applicable), including the number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc. If a similar workshop has been organized at recent ICC/Globecom, please explain the similarities and differences.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Proposal submissions should be submitted as a single PDF file online via EDAS.
Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants are highly encouraged. Examples include facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions across academicians, practitioners, and policymakers leading to high impact and transformative research. Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION TIMELINE
Proposal Submission Deadline: 2 August 2021
Notification of Selection: 25 August 2021
CFP for Web Posting: 25 September 2021
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 20 January 2022
Paper Acceptance Notification: 06 March 2022
Camera Ready: 15 March 2022
Registration for Accepted Papers: 15 March 2022